VRay NEXT for 3dsMax
VRay 3.0 for 3ds Max – the most complete physically-based lighting, shading and rendering toolkit for artists by Chaos Group.
Built to meet the creative demands of CG artists and designers, VRay 3.0 for 3dsMax is a comprehensive physically-based lighting, shading, and rendering toolkit with seamless integration into Autodesk 3ds Max.
Focused on artist productivity and modern CG workflows, V-Ray 3.0 introduces a powerful set of new features and improvements:
- Artist-Friendly Controls: Designed with new and experienced users in mind, V-Ray 3.0 offers a simplified user interface with fast access to common settings. Render set up is now faster and easier with V-Ray 3.0’s Quick Settings. Artists can choose from a variety of production presets and fine tune quality with slider controls. And a new V-Ray Toolbar puts all popular V-Ray tools in one place.
- Faster Ray Tracing and Rendering Performance: Optimizations to V-Ray’s ray tracing core make rendering in V-Ray 3.0 significantly faster. Depending on scene complexity beta users are reporting speed increases up to 5X.
- Faster Feedback: Using a powerful path-tracing engine, V-Ray 3.0’s new Progressive Image Sampler delivers instant feedback to artists and makes look development faster and more intuitive. An improved V-Ray Frame Buffer adds Lens Effects and advanced color corrections for Contrast, HSL, and Color Balance.
- Production-Focused Tools: New tools designed to give artists more controland flexibility include Max Ray Intensity, Probabilistic Light Sampling, Reflection/Refraction Trace Sets, and Render Mask to specify exact render regions with an object selection or image mask.
- Advanced Characters and Creatures: Improvements to character and creature workflows include Faster Hair Rendering, Ray Traced Subsurface Scattering, and a new VraySkinMtl shader. MARI <UDIM> and Autodesk Mudbox <UVTILE> support have also been added.
- Open Source Workflows: Support for open source tools and formats include Alembic 1.5, Deep Images and OpenEXR 2.0, programmable OSL shaders, and advanced color management with OpenColorIO.
Discover all the news and much more on V-RAY.COM , the new site for the V- Ray community.
Each V-Ray for 3ds Max Workstation 3.0 license allows you to use the V-Ray Graphical User Interface (GUI), create/edit/preview V-Ray shaders and launch a local render job.
To perform distributed or network rendering, each machine/node need access to a separate V-Ray Render Nodes 3.0 license.